Wednesday, November 20, 2013

On Patrol...

As I cruise up the coast of Rhode Island on a boat, I can appreciate the perspective this opportuity provides and the gorgeous real estate we have in Narragansett and the surrounding towns. Normally this would signal to me a plethora of real estate opportunites - if that were what I was looking for. But I am not cruising the Bay to shore up business. I am on Patrol.

Since 2008 I have been volunteering with the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary; as part of its boat crew patrol I help keep watch over Rhode Island waters for boats in distress. It's a way to get involved with an organization whose sole purpose is to do good. You get to put on a uniform. You get to help people.

It's a huge satisfaction just knowing that I could do something that could potentially save a life. My experience as a leader in South County real estate has prepared me for the fast pace of the Coast Guard.

Everything I've learned in the business world, I've used to help the Auxiliary- As a former Staff Officer I kept members on the same page and organized events. Volunteering with the Coast Guard makes me a little more confident, and it shows my contribution to my community.

And when it comes to my real estate business, my Coast Guard experience helps me stand out to my clients, not to mention the awesome metaphore that Denelle Realtors is "like the Coast Guard." To find out how you may have to watch one of our videos on the subject.

By, Dale Denelle






No comments:

Post a Comment